Defensive Carbine-1 (DC-1): This is a basic level course designed to provide shooters with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for utilizing a carbine for defensive purposes safely. This course is 8 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:.
- 4 firearms safety rules and how they apply in any defensive encounter
- 5 fundamentals of accurate shooting
- Zeroing fundamentals w/ optic and BUIS
- Multiple skills drills
- Initial load sequence (Administrative), Combat and Tactical reloads
- Malfunction drills
- Various shooting positions including standing, kneeling, sitting and prone
- Please bring all carbines to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 18 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a carbine.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A carbine in good working condition- no sharing of carbines permitted between students.
- Your carbine must have a sling - single, 2 point or 3 point are fine
- 3 magazines
- 300 rounds of factory new ammunition. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS, INCENDIARY OR TRACER ROUNDS
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.