Defensive Carbine-2 (DC-2): Successful completion of Defensive Carbine-1 (DC-1) is required to attend Defensive Carbine-2. This is an intermediate level defensive carbine course designed to build upon the skills learned in Defensive Carbine-1. In addition to honing the skills learned inDefensive Carbine-1, you will be introduced to additional skills required in virtually all defensive encounters. This course is 8 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Defensive Carbine-1 review
- Carbine retention in close quarters
- Mutliple threat engagements
- Tactical movement drills- stealth and dynamic
- Multiple target engagements
- Use of cover and concealment
- Extended fields of fire
- Handgun transitions
- Please bring all carbines to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 18 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a carbine.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A carbine in good working condition- no sharing of carbines permitted between students..
- Your carbine must have a sling - single point, 2 point or 3 point are approved.
- 3 magazines
- 300 rounds of factory new carbine ammunition. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS, INCENDIARY OR TRACER ROUNDS
- Handgun, approved holster (drop leg ok) and 50 rounds of ammunition
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.