Defensive Carbine-2 (DC-2): Defensive Carbine-2 is an intermediate level course that covers essential shooting fundamentals and remedial actions necessary to safely and efficiently run your carbine in a defensive encounter. This course is 8 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Defensive Carbine-1 review
- Continuity of fire
- Remedial actions/malfunctions
- Skills drills
- Use of cover and concealment
- Extended fields of fire
- Please bring all carbines to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 18 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a carbine.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A carbine in good working condition- no sharing of carbines permitted between students..
- Your carbine must have a sling - single point, 2 point or 3 point are approved.
- 3 magazines
- 300 rounds of factory new carbine ammunition. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS, INCENDIARY OR TRACER ROUNDS
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.