Defensive Carbine-3 (DC-3): Defensive Carbine-3 is an intermediate/beginning advanced level course that covers more advanced skills, including use of cover, movement, shooting positions and handgun transitions. Elements of time, distance and stress are incorporated into this course.
Defensive Carbine-2 and Defensive Handgun-1 are prerequisites for Defensive Carbine-3. This course is 8 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Defensive Carbine-2 review
- Continuity of fire
- Remedial actions/malfunctions
- Skills drills
- Use of cover and concealment
- Extended fields of fire
- Please bring all carbines to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 18 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a carbine.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A carbine in good working condition- no sharing of carbines permitted between students..
- Your carbine must have a sling - single point, 2 point or 3 point are approved.
- 3 magazines
- 350 rounds of factory new carbine ammunition. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS, INCENDIARY OR TRACER ROUNDS
- 25 rounds of factory new handgun ammunition and an approved holster.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.