Defensive Handgun-Master Course (DH-MC): Successful completion of Defensive Handgun-4 (DH-4) is required to attend Defensive Handgun-Master Course. This is an advanced level defensive handgun course designed to hone and test all the skills learned in Defesive Handgun-1 thru Defensive Handgun-4. By now, you have mastered the skills learned in Defensive Handgun-1 thru Defensive Handgun-3 and are proficient with the skills learned in Defensive Handgun-4. This course begins with each student shooting the qualifying courses from Defensive Handgun-2,Defensive Handgun-3 and Defensive Handgun-4. In order to pass this course a student must score at Instructor levels for each course of fire. In addition, each student shall be required to shoot the 540 Tactical Crucible Course with an Instructor level score. This course is 4 hours.
In order to pass this course each student must:
- Pass DH-2 qualifying course of fire with Instructor level score
- Pass DH-3 qualifying course of fire with Instructor level score
- Pass DH-4 qualifying course of fire with Instructor level score
- Pass DH-MC 540 Tactical Crucible Course with Instructor level score
- Pass DH-MC written exam covering course curriculum from DH-1 thru DH-4
- Please bring all handguns to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a handgun.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A defensive type handgun in good working condition- no sharing of handguns permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
- Holster that is designed for the handgun you bring- kydex style retention holsters are strongly recommended.
- 200 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Three magazines for a semi-automatic handgun or 2 speed loaders for a revolver.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Belt (for your holster).
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.