Defensive Shotgun-2 (DS-2):Successful completion of Defensive Shotgun-1 (DS-1) is required to attend Defensive Shotgun-2. This is an intermediate level defensive pump action shotgun course designed to build upon the skills learned in Defensive Shotgun-1. In addition to honing the skills learned in Defensive Shotgun-1, you will be introduced to additional skills required in virtually all defensive encounters. This course is 8 hours.
*Rental gun/ammo available for $95 with advance reservation.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Defensive Shotgun-1 review
- Shotgun retention in close quarters
- Situational awareness and the 540 tactical scan
- Administrative, tactical and combat reloads
- Sight alignment/picture and trigger management marriage
- Extended fields of fire for shot pattern orientation
- Phase 1,2,3 4 malfunction drills
- Please bring all pump action shotguns to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed. Please do not bring a semi-automatic shotgun to class.
- Must be 18 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a shotgun.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A pump action shotgunin good working condition- no sharing of shotguns permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the shotgun you use for personal/home defense.
- Your pump action shotgun must have a sling.
- 100 rounds of factory new shotgun ammunition- nothing larger than size 6 target, trap or birdshot. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- 10 rounds of factory new shotgun ammunition such as 00 Buck or Tactical loads. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- 10 rounds of factory new ammunition- slugs. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.