DPSST-Armed Professional Annual Refresher (DPSST-APAR): This course covers all of the elements contained in the Armed Classroom Refresher Course as set forth by the State of Oregon Department of Public Safety and Standards. You must have a current Armed Professional certification through DPSST to attend this course. This course is 4 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- DPSST Armed Refresher Course Curriculum
- Closed book examination
- Safe gun handling test
- Marksmanship requalification (PQC-1)
- Please bring all handguns to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a handgun.
- Must be able to provide DPSST identification with PSID info.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A quality handgun in a defensive caliber (.38, .357, 9mm, .40, .45 etc) in good working condition.
- Level 2 or Level 3 retention style duty holster.
- Three magazines for semi-automatics with a magazine pouch that holds at least two magazines, or;
- Four speed loaders for revolvers with a magazine pouch that holds four speed loaders.
- 100 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Duty flashlight; either small tactical or full size.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.