DPSST-Firearms Instructors Annual Refresher (DPSST-FIAR): This re-qualification covers all of the elements required by the State of Oregon Department of Public Safety and Standards to maintain your Firearms Instructor status. You must have a current Firearms Instructor certification through DPSST to attend this course. This course is 1 hour.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Safe gun handling test
- Marksmanship qualification (PQC-1 and PQC-2)
- Please bring all handguns to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a handgun.
- Must be able to provide DPSST identification with PSID info.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A quality handgun in a defensive caliber (.38, .357, 9mm, .40, .45 etc) in good working condition.
- Level 2 or Level 3 retention style duty holster.
- Three magazines for semi-automatics with a magazine pouch that holds at least two magazines, or;
- Four speed loaders for revolvers with a magazine pouch that holds four speed loaders.
- 75 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.