NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course: (NRA-BP) This NRA course is designed to provide shooters with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. This course is 8 hours.
*Rental gun/ammo available for $95 with advance reservation.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Pistol knowledge and safe gun handling
- Ammunition knowledge and the fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Firing the first shots
- Scoring targets and selecting and maintaining your pistol
- Continued opportunities for skill development
- Please bring all pistols to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a pistol.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A pistol in good working condition- no sharing of pistols permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
- 125 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.