NRA First Steps Pistol: (NRA-FSP) This NRA course is an introductory pistol orientation designed to provide beginning shooters with an introduction to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to own and use a specific pistol model safely. This course is 3 hours.
*Rental gun/ammo available for $65 with advance reservation.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Introduction to pistol safety, parts and operation
- Introduction to ammunition and the fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Introduction to shooting from the bench rest position
- Introduction to pistol cleaning, storage and training opportunities
- Please bring all pistols to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a pistol.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A pistol in good working condition- no sharing of pistols permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
- 50 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.