Law Enforcement-NRA Law Enforcement Handgun (LE-NRAHG): This handgun course is specifically designed to train and aid Law Enforcement officers. This course follows the curriculum as set forth by the NRA Law Enforcement Division. This course is 24 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Handgun marksmanship
- Handgun handling techniques
- Coaching techniques
- Firearms safety
- Legal outline
- Tactical use of cover & concealment
- Reduced light training
- Preparation and construction of lesson plans
- Off duty firearms safety and concealed carry considerations
- Developing and conducting practical range training
Course requirements for current officers:
- Must have full arrest powers.
- Must be authorized by your agency to carry a firearm.
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary action by your employing agency.
- Must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Must not be prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify current certification and employing agency.
- A quality handgun in a defensive caliber (.38, .357, 9mm, .40, .45 etc) in good working condition.
- Level 2 or Level 3 retention style duty holster.
- Three magazines for semi-automatics with a magazine pouch that holds at least two magazines, or;
- Four speed loaders for revolvers with a magazine pouch that holds four speed loaders.
- 800 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.