Law Enforcement-NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle (LE-NRAPR): This patrol rifle course is specifically designed to train and aid Law Enforcement Officers. This course follows the curriculum as set forth by the NRA Law Enforcement Division. This course is 24 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Patrol rifle marksmanship
- Patrol rifle handling techniques
- Firearms safety
- Range organization
- Legal outline
- Tactical use of cover & concealment
- Methods of instruction, communication and training aids
- Reduced light training
- Developing and conducting practical range training
Course requirements for current officers:
- Must have full arrest powers.
- Must be authorized by your agency to carry a firearm.
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary action by your employing agency.
- Must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Must not be prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify current certification and employing agency.
- A quality law enforcement patrol rifle in good working condition.
- Your patrol rifle must have a sling.
- Three magazines minimum.
- 800 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.