Law Enforcement-NRA Law Enforcement Shotgun (LE-NRASG): This shotgun course is specifically designed to train and aid Law Enforcement Officers. This course follows the curriculum as set forth by the NRA Law Enforcement Division. This course is 24 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Shotgun marksmanship
- Shotgun handling techniques
- Coaching techniques
- Firearms safety
- Range organization
- Legal outline
- Tactical use of cover & concealment
- Methods of instruction, communication and training aids
- Reduced light training
- Developing and conducting practical range training
Course requirements for current officers:
- Must have full arrest powers.
- Must be authorized by your agency to carry a firearm.
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary action by your employing agency.
- Must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Must not be prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify current certification and employing agency.
- A quality pump action shotgun in good working condition.
- 200 rounds of factory new shotgun ammunition- nothing larger than size 6 target, trap or birdshot. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- 50 rounds of factory new shotgun ammunition such as 00 Buck or Tactical loads. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- 100 rounds of factory new ammunition- slugs. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.