NRA Personal Protection Inside The Home: (NRA-PPITH) Successful completion of NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course is required to attend this course. Exceptions may be granted if sufficient proficiency is proven in the skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group and cleaning the pistol. This NRA course is much more than just a routine shooting course. This course builds upon the skills learned in NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course. This course is 8 hours.
*Rental gun/ammo available for $95 with advance reservation.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Introduction to defensive shooting
- Basic defensive pistol skills
- Firearms and the law
- Strategies for home safety
- Responding to a violent confrontation
- Selecting a pistol for self defense
- Sport shooting opportunities
- Continued opportunities for skill development
- Please bring all pistols to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a pistol.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A pistol in good working condition- no sharing of pistols permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
- 125 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.