NRA Personal Protection Outside The Home Course: (NRA-PPOTH) Successful completion of NRA Personal Protection Inside The Home is required to attend this course. This NRA course is much more than just a routine shooting course. This course builds upon the skills learned in NRA Personal Protection Inside The Home. This course is 14 hours.
*Rental gun/ammo available for $95 with advance reservation.
The skills covered in this class are:
- Shooting safety outside the home
- Strategies for personal safety outside the home
- Carrying and presenting the handgun from concealment
- Developing defensive shooting skills
- Developing concealed carry shooting skills for use outside the home
- Special defensive shooting techniques
- Concealed carry, self defense and the law
- Please bring all pistols to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to own and possess a pistol.
- Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
- A pistol in good working condition- no sharing of pistols permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
- 200 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.