Rifle Marksmanship 1: (RM-1) Rifle Marksmanship-1 is an introductory rifle course for all new 540 Tactical students. It is a prerequisite for Rifle Marskmanship-2 (RM-2). The Rifle Marksmanship series lays the essential foundation of safe, practical and proven rifle handling skills. This course also covers the fundamentals of effectively presenting and accurately shooting your rifle. This course is 4 hours.
*Rental gun, magazines and ammo available for $65 with advance reservation.
The skills covered in this class are:
- 4 firearms safety rules
- Basic rifle manipulation
- How to properly fit your rifle
- Fundamental prone shooting position
- Establish and using your Natural Point Of Aim
- Please bring all rifles to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 10 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to possess a rifle.
- Any rifle in good working condition - no sharing of rifles permitted between students – ideally, we suggest a semi-auto, magazine fed adjustable sighting system (scope or irons) and an adjustable sling such as the GI web sling. Slings available for purchase at the class. .22LR is okay.
- 100 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Two magazines for a semi-automatic rifle or 1 speed loader for a tube fed (drinking straws can be adapted for tube fed use).
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- A shooting mat or carpet strip.
- Water & a high protein snack.
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.